Corrigan Consulting’s business partners Greystone.Net and Klein & Partners recently released the results of their 4th Annual Healthcare Digital Marketing Survey. Two hundred marketers and digital professionals from various healthcare organizations of varying sizes provided information on their current use of digital marketing and their plans and expectations for 2019.
We plan to refer often to this important study in future blog posts, e-newsletters and when assisting with the digital marketing efforts of our clients. The information gleaned on CRM alone warrants at least ten blog posts! For now, here are a few highlights:
- More than two-thirds of healthcare marketers are utilizing social media marketing, online ads, paid searches, email marketing and newsletters, content marketing and blogs.
- While 60% have a CRM system, only 12% report that their CRM and website are well integrated. And 20% are planning to change their CRM system.
- Nearly 50% plan to redesign their external website in 2019, and 36% plan to redesign their intranet.
- Over 80% of hospital websites are designed responsively for mobile, but this means 15-20% of hospital websites are missing out on the mobile population.
- For the first time in survey history, over half (56%) of web visitors used a mobile device to access their healthcare websites. Over 74% of healthcare marketers view their mobile presence as their new “virtual front door.”
We invite you to review the 4th Annual State of Digital Healthcare Marketing Report and gain valuable insight on the current state of digital marketing efforts in our ever-changing healthcare environment. Take this opportunity to see how your efforts (and planned efforts) measure up against your peers.